The Nux Optima Air is a dual-switch acoustic guitar simulator with a preamp for acoustic and electric guitars. It simulates any acoustic guitar tone, and converts it into an IR file with the best-optimized sound, depending on your guitar and pickup type.
NUX Optima Air has a unique profile capture function, so you can create your own acoustic guitar profile (IR file) by capturing your favorite acoustic guitar's sound. The IR loader is combined with a pre-amp that allows you to fine-tune your sound with a 3-band equalizer. There’s also an extra one-knob-control Reverb Effect. Attach any effect pedal using the SEND/RETURN effect loop, and add the Optima Air into the signal chain.
There is an XLR DI output for direct line/mixer connection, headphones output for silent play, and auxiliary input to connect and play along to a music player.
Features and Knob Functions
- IR Level: Adjusts the simulated signal (Impulse Response file)
- LEVELSelect (Push to Save): In manual mode, you can choose the IR file. And you can save your customized preset by pushing the knob
- Gain: Adjusts the signal input Gain level
- Bass: Adjusts the low-frequency level
- Middle: Adjusts the middle-frequency level
- Treble: Adjusts the high-frequency level
- Manual Mode: Engage/disengage the selected IR file. Acoustic guitar simulation ON/OFF
- Preset Mode: Bank Down. Also, if you are editing a preset, you can push the IR footswitch to exit without saving
- Manual Mode: Activates the pre-amp section. When you engage the AMP, you can use the Gain and the 3-band EQ
- Preset Mode: Bank Up. Also, If you are editing a preset, while changing the preset name, you can push the AMP footswitch and move the cursor to the next selection area to choose a letter, number or symbol