The magical combination of tremolo and reverb is the earliest example of a perfect guitar effects marriage. First pioneered within historic amplifiers of the 1960s, this harmonious coexistence has made it’s way onto countless records and performances—from early surf, swampy bayou blues, spaghetti westerns, film noir soundtracks, to modern day indie rock. There are certain things in life that just belong together—the blend of tremolo and reverb create the perfect pair.
Given this storied history, there was no doubt that we wanted to develop a studio-class effects pedal that delivers this classic combination. We carefully studied our favourite classic tremolo and reverb circuits, examined the sonic complexities, and faithfully accounted for every detail in our hand-crafted algorithms. Flint harnesses the complete power of a SHARC DSP to authentically exhibit these details.
Flint gives you the soothing, pulsating, and hypnotic effects that were pioneered in vintage amplifier tremolo circuits, along with three classic and completely unique reverb algorithms. You get the sonically complex ’61 Harmonic Tremolo, the swampy and sultry ’63 Power Tube Tremolo, and the sharp and balanced ’65 Photocell Tremolo. You also get the classic ’60s Spring Tank Reverb, the inventive ’70s Electronic Plate Reverb, and the nostalgic ’80s Hall Rack Reverb.
With eight parameters to tweak, you get extensive control over the tremolo and reverb characteristics. Go from splashy, pulsing twang, to throbbing, swampy blues, all the way to ambient, trembling, and serene reverberated pads. Couple that with true bypass, and a high quality analogue front end and output section, and you have yourself the history of tremolo and reverb in a pedalboard friendly format.
- Three hand crafted tremolo algorithms faithfully deliver classic tremolo experiences:
’61 Harmonic Tremolo, ’63 Power Tube Tremolo, ’65 Photocell Tremolo
- Three distinct reverb algorithms:
’60s Spring Tank Reverb, ’70s Electronic Reverb, ’80s Hall Rack Reverb
- Two tremolo adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Intensity, Speed
- Three reverb adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Decay, Colour, Mix
- Four “hidden” knobs for extensive tone tweaking:
Tremolo Boost/Cut, Reverb Boost/Cut, Effect Order, Tap Subdivision
- True Bypass (electro-mechanical relay switching)
- Selectable “trails” mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when effect is engaged
- Powered with a standard 9V centre negative DC supply, 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight black anodized aluminium chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA