- Okoume neckThe Okoume neck provides greater playing comfort.
- Purpleheart fretboardThe Purpleheart fretboard emphasizes the beauty and the rich tonal character of this bass.
- Solid Sitka Spruce topSolid Sitka Spruce top provides an enormous frequency range that offers wave after wave of shimmering highs along with tight mids and a full-bodied low end.
- Sapele back and sidesSapele back and sides offer a full-bodied and warm mid-range and a bright tone.
- Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickupThe Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup accurately translates that full sound to whatever amplification system you plug it into.
- Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp w/Onboard tunerThe Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp provides the extra punch of on-board EQ along with a convenient and easy-to-read digital tuner and 2-band EQ, located on the instrument’s upper bout.
- Purpleheart bridgeThe Purpleheart bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pinsThese pins really are an advantage over old-fashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™ the pin and string stay put.
- Grand Dreadnought bodyThrough a rigorous R&D process spanning several years, Ibanez has reimagined the Dreadnought from the ground up, pursuing the height of rich sound, robust low end, and rich tone. This brand new body shape is called the Grand Dreadnought. Proportionally, the Grand Dreadnought body is 5% larger than a standard dreadnought, allowing for more volume, richer tone, and more powerful low end response. It’s also extremely comfortable to play thanks to the extensive consideration given to its ergonomics
- X-M BracingAfter spending years of trial-and-error, Ibanez realized the out-of-the-box X-M Bracing to generate the ultimate sound standing out on the stage. The carefully designed scalloped X-bracing, the allocation of tone braces, and finger braces transmit the string vibration efficiently through the bridge to the body. The X-M Bracing creates the clear bottom and crispy treble sound with trimmed warm mid-range, yet provides a wide dynamic range and high response.
- Functional Tapered Headstock The newly designed headstock shape is the result of thorough research and investigation. Its tapered shape provides lighter weight, as well as a straight string alignment which enhances tuning stability and reduces any neck twisting effect
- Advanced Access CutawayIts deep straight cutaway (from 18th fret) and shaved side enable amazing high fret access.